A fast way to get gout relief is with baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) which I’ve personally found to be very effective. But now that I have gotten my uric acid levels under control I don’t need to use this home remedy anymore.
Fast Gout Relief With Baking Soda
However, in the past when I didn’t take care of my self properly, it used to help relieve my gout attacks very quickly. And I know that if I were to let things slip in the future and end up with another attack it’ll be one of the first things I turn to.
How to Use Baking Soda
Baking soda has a lot of benefits for quickly relieving the symptoms of a gout attack…
- Baking soda helps to reduce the pain of an attack by dissolving the uric acid crystals that cause the pain.
- It helps your body to flush more uric acid out of your body by making uric acid more soluble.
- It helps your kidneys to process and excrete uric acid more efficiently by raising the volume of body fluids.
- Baking soda helps to reduce the threat of uric acid kidney stones by raising the pH of your urine.
- It helps to improve the power of any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) you may be taking.
So you can maybe see why baking soda is used by so many sufferers for fast gout relief. But how is it taken I hear you ask? Just follow the simple instructions below…
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) in a glass of water (8oz) and mix well until completely dissolved.
- Drink 1 glass before bed.
- Drink 1 glass first thing in the morning.
- Drink 1 glass every 2 to 4 hours in between meals.
- Repeat until your symptoms abate then stop.
As with all home remedies, before trying this particular gout relief remedy out, you MUST first consult with your doctor that it’s appropriate and safe for you to use, since baking soda can have a negative effect on some prescription drugs and medical conditions.
For example, if you are pregnant or suffer from things like hypertension, heart disease, liver or kidney disease, appendicitis, or intestinal bleeding, etc., then you should AVOID the baking soda remedy altogether. (Don’t worry, there are many other natural remedies for fast gout relief out there.)
Do not take more than 4 teaspoons of baking soda per day. This is equivalent to 8 glasses as mixed above.
And since baking soda has high sodium levels, it’s important to avoid salt completely and change to a salt-free diet while taking it.